The Wave® represents Travis®'s most recent product innovation. It is the first major design improvement for the aluminum end dump and transfer trailer in over 40 years. The Wave® design combines the "best of the best" features from several of our past and current designs into one incredible trailer. This polished end dump trailer incorporates smooth outer walls as found on our Aero-Lite end dump trailer that dates back to 1990. It uses our patented rub-rail and floor crossmember design that was developed in 1993. Also, the trailer has both an inner and outer wall as found on our SST-Aerodyne end dump or tipper trailer. Finally, the trailer maintains the superior design integrity as found on our Classic trailer for all of the components and sub-assemblies (draft arms/coupler plate, sub-frame, suspension, nose, hoist housing, tailgate hardware, electrical, air and hydraulic systems). Yet, there is more. The Wave® is strong. It has better resistance to abrasion. It can incorporate insulation within the walls to hold in heat or keep out the cold. The bull-nose top rail has virtually no flat spot to hold rocks and is easy on tarps. Perhaps, best of all, this tough duty trailer is also lightweight. After 14 years Travis® Body & Trailer may have developed the perfect trailer.
Look at this impressive list of results:
- Increased fuel economy due to less wind resistance.
- Increased cubic yardage due to narrower profile walls.
- Lighter trailer per cubic yard of payload.
- Increased yield strength for sidewalls by using aluminum extrusions, made of 6061-T6 alloy, instead of softer sheet.
- Outer walls are protected from unsightly dings and dents that detract from your company's image and reduce resale value.
- Increased profits & cash flow by using less fuel and hauling more payload.
Specific design features of the Wave® are:
- Extruded hollow wall tubes, approximately 12" tall, by 2 ½" thick, with strengthening, internal webs spaced 9" apart. Each tube runs the full length of the trailer. They are stacked then solid welded inside and out to one another and to the lower rail, and to the special top rail. All of the interconnecting welds that make up the walls also run lengthwise with no vertical welds to compromise body strength, especially near the center of the trailer.
- The inner wall of the tube is approximately 5/32" thick, (like our standard end dump). However, because it is extruded 6061-T6, it has physical properties that make it about 15% stronger than standard trailer sheet of the same thickness.
- The outer wall is much thinner 1/10" and is curved or waved to increase strength.
- The end dump features a 6" tall, bull nose top rail that is also only 2 ½" wide and is thicker (7/16") at the top than other, traditional designs.
- The tipper or live floor trailer features a larger top rail where the top slopes inwardly 6" into the trailer and is also thick at the top.
- Wave® trailers include the dual wall design for the tailgate as well! A very clean look!
- As mentioned, the lower rail is our patented SST tube design where the end of each floor crossmember is fully welded (all the way around) to the inner wall of the rub rail. As proven by over nine years of problem free usage, there is no stronger design than this.